Stacy Deery Stennes is an attorney at Conlin Law Firm. Stacy is committed to providing compassionate, caring service to her clients, and is regularly recognized by Super Lawyers as a "Rising Star" in Minnesota, reserved for only the top 2.5% of attorneys under 40.
Stacy serves on the Executive of the Board of Governors of the Minnesota Association for Justice, a group dedicated to a fair and effective civil justice system that ensures individuals can access justice even when taking on powerful interests. She frequently presents continuing education seminars to other lawyers in the areas of personal injury, product liability, medical malpractice, and wrongful death. She has been an adjunct professor at the University of Minnesota Law School, teaching Legal Writing and Research.
Stacy is a cum laude graduate of the University of Minnesota Law School, where she was a managing editor of the Minnesota Law Review. She received her undergraduate degree from the College of St. Benedict, and a master’s degree from the University of South Carolina. She is licensed to practice in Minnesota, North Dakota, and Wisconsin.
- North Dakota
- U.S. District Court, Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, North Dakota
- Minnesota Association for Justice
- North Dakota Association for Justice
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Wisconsin Association for Justice
- In Her Words: Pro Bono work that fits, Minnesota Trial (2017) (co-authored)
- At the Ready: the Trial Lawyer's Toolbox, Minnesota Trial (2014)
- The Motion in Limine: An Effective Tool for Shaping Trial Strategy and Outcome, Minnesota Trial (Winter 2011)
- Crossing the [State] Line: revealing client confidences, The Verdict (2011)
- The Malpractice Damages Cap: An uncertain remedy for the catastrophically injured (North Dakota Association for Justice Spring Seminar (May 2018) (with Tom Conlin))
- Using Today’s Technology to Help Win Your Case (North Dakota Association for Justice Spring Seminar (May 2018)), (Minnesota Association for Justice Mid-Winter Meeting, (February 2018))
- Mass Tort / MDL Panel, Moderator (Minnesota Association for Justice Mid-Winter Meeting (February 2018))
- Liability Medicare Set-Asides, Seminar Chair (Minnesota Association for Justice (December 2017))
- Arguing Pain and Suffering Damages (Women’s Trial Lawyers Conference (November 2017))
- Collateral Sources: Considerations and practice pointers (Minnesota Association for Justice Subrogation Seminar (October 2017) (co-presenter))
- Something to Talk About: Civil trial issues you may not have considered (Annual Judicial Seminar (September 2017) (co-presenter))
- Opening Statements (MAJ Boot Camp for New Trial Lawyers (2017))
- Working with the Neuropsychologist (Minnesota Association for Justice Seminar (2017))
- Creative Settlements (Minnesota Association for Justice Mid-Winter Meeting (February 2017))
- Closing Arguments (MAJ Boot Camp for New Trial Lawyers (2017) (co-presenter))
- Top Verdict Outcomes of 2013: featured verdict (Minnesota Association for Justice seminar (2014) (with Tom Conlin))
- Ten Things to Know about North Dakota Tort Laws (Minnesota Association for Justice Top 10 Seminar (April 2013))
- What Wisconsin Lawyers Should Know about Their Neighbors to the West: the 411 on Statutes of Limitations and Minnesota’s No-Fault System (Wisconsin Association for Justice Women’s Caucus Seminar (September 2012) (co-presenter))
- A New Look at Apportionment of Fault in Dram Shop Cases (Minnesota Association for Justice Annual Convention (August 2012) (with Tom Conlin))
- College of St. Benedict, B.A.
- University of South Carolina, M.Ed.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D.
Stacy grew up in Owen, Wisconsin. She lives in Minneapolis with her husband and two sons. She enjoys cooking, gardening, crafting, the great outdoors, and music.